When Families Live Together – level 1
In the US, some schools plan to do virtual learning. This means that students will not go to schools. Students will study at home. They will use a computer.
However, it can be a difficult situation for parents. Parents must go to work. Parents cannot stay at home. Somebody must learn with the children.
Asian, Hispanic and Black people often live together in a big house. More generations live in one house. Grandparents and other family members help look after the children. They can learn with the children, too.
People over 65 must be careful. COVID-19 is more dangerous for them. Older people end up in hospital more often. Families must remember this. All family members must wear masks. It is important to keep the grandparents safe.
Difficult words: virtual learning (when a student does schoolwork on the Internet or a computer), Hispanic (when someone is from a Spanish-speaking country of Mexico, Central America, or South America), generation (all the people who are born and who live at the same time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.