When Families Live Together – level 2
Many US schools are planning to do virtual learning this school year. This means that parents need to take part in their children’s education.
For some parents, this can be a very difficult situation because they must go to work and they must learn with their children, too. In Asian, Hispanic and Black communities, it is usual that more generations live together in one house. This can be a big advantage because grandparents or other family members can learn with the children, and parents can go to work.
However, there are risks, too. People over 65 can have more serious health problems if they get sick with COVID-19. They end up in hospital more often than younger people. Other family members must remember this, and they must protect the grandparents.
Difficult words: virtual learning (to have school on the Internet), community (a group of people who live in the same place or who are similar in a way), advantage (when something makes a situation better or easier), protect (to keep safe).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos