Wildlife Photos – level 3
The Natural History Museum in London is holding the competition for the Wildlife Photographer of the Year to discover the best photos of wildlife. It released the13 finalist images, one of which will win the best prize.
Some photos show animals in their natural environments. The animals are seals, Arctic foxes, clown fish, eagles, bobcats, and bears. Others show animals in different situations, such as a young tiger in a zoo and a seahorse that grabbed onto a person’s Q-tip.
Difficult words: bobcat (a type of wild cat), grab (hold), Q-tip (a small, thin tool that people use to clean things such as their ears or other small spaces).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos