Women drive buses in Colombia – level 1
La Rolita is an electric bus company in Bogotá, Colombia. It is special because women run the company. It is making public transportation in the city better.
The company employs single mothers. They can do their job very well. La Rolita’s electric buses help the city reduce pollution and make the air cleaner. The company plans to run the public cable car and test electric school buses. La Rolita gives employees many benefits. Drivers make 376 dollars every month. The company also wants to make a daycare center for employees.
Other companies in the city are not happy. La Rolita is very good. It takes their business.
Difficult words: public transportation (busses, trains, or other vehicles which transport people in cities), pollution (harmful materials in the air), cable car (a vehicle on a cable which transports people)
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What kind of benefits does La Rolita offer to its employees beyond the basic salary?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos