WonderCon – level 2
In Anaheim, California, thousands of cosplayers went to WonderCon in costumes and make-up and with props.
People of all ages come to the event every year to see every type of fandom, such as games, comics, TV shows, movies, books, and costumes!
Difficult words: cosplay (when people dress up in costumes as their favourite fictional characters), WonderCon (a convention where people celebrate fictional things or things that make you feel ‘wonder’), prop (a thing used in a film), fandom (being in a group of other fans of something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos