World of Plastic – level 2
The Basel Convention took effect in 1989, and it forbids developed countries to send their toxic waste to less developed countries.
On Friday 10th, 187 countries signed another agreement. The countries which signed agreed to limit plastic pollution. There are 195 countries in the world, and the USA was one of the countries which did not sign the agreement.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.