World’s longest non-stop flight – level 2
Qantas Airways is planning to start the world’s longest non-stop flight in 2025.
In a multi-billion-dollar business, the company ordered Airbuses A350-1000 for the flight from Sydney to London. People call this trip the ‘kangaroo flight’, since it is necessary to stop for fuel. The new flight will take 20 hours, and it’ll be four hours shorter than other flights, since the planes will continue to fly.
In 2020, Qantas Airways nearly went bankrupt, and the company made big changes. During the COVID-19 pandemic airlines had strict rules for travel. Afterward, the demand grew for non-stop flights grew, which helped Quantas recover.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.