World’s longest suspension bridge – level 1
A suspension bridge is a bridge which hangs on ropes. The world’s longest suspension bridge opens in the Czech Republic last week.
The bridge is in the Kralicky Sneznik mountain range. The bridge is 721 meters long. It is 1,100 meters above sea level.
The bridge is for people to walk. Up to 500 people can be on the bridge at the same time. They can be 95 meters above the ground. The bridge is not for people who are scared of heights.
Some people are not happy with the bridge. They say that it is too big. They are afraid that too many tourists will come to the area. Only 500 people live in the nearest town.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.