Yuri the Russian Hobbit – level 1
This news is about a lawyer. His name is Yuri. He is from Moscow. He moves to a forest. He lives there in a hut. He has a white rabbit.
Yuri’s hut is underground. It has a door. It looks like a hobbit door. People call Yuri the Hobbit.
The Hobbit makes videos, and puts them on YouTube. He also gives lectures on The Cherry Orchard. He has 4,500 books. He shares his books with people.
Difficult words: lawyer (a person who knows the law/rules – what you can or cannot do in a country), hut (a small, simple house), lecture (a teacher’s talk), share (if you share something, other people can use it, too).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.