1 Million People Die from COVID-19 – level 1
The coronavirus or COVID-19 starts in China nine months ago. The number of people dead from COVID-19 reaches one million now. More than 33 million people get sick in all of the world.
The situation is very serious. The leader of United Nations speaks in public. He says that people and countries must help each other.
One million is a very big number. People stop thinking about every single life. However, every dead person is somebody’s family or friend.
Nobody knows when people will stop the sickness. However, it helps if people follow governments’ rules. It is important not to go to crowded places. People must wear masks and wash their hands.
Difficult words: reach (to get somewhere or something), in public (in front of people), crowded (a place with many people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos