A big hole can swallow a house – level 2
The family which lives close to the hole was evacuated. No one was injured, but the governor warned local residents to stay away from the area.
The hole measured five meters when it first appeared, and then it grew quickly in just a few hours. People will now investigate why the hole appeared. People will study the soil. The investigation can take 30 days.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.