A Lake Is Full of Fish Again – level 1
Lake Dojran is in North Macedonia and Greece. It is the third largest lake in Macedonia. It has an area of 43 km2. It is 10 meters deep.
Farmers use the water for their fields and animals in the 1990s. Farmers use up almost all the water from the lake. There are no fish. Fishermen do not have work. Tourists do not come.
North Macedonia and Greece want to solve the problem. They fill the lake. They use water from the ground. Fish return to the lake. Fishermen are happy.
Scientists say that the water is dirty. There are many problems. It seems though that the situation will get better.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.