A new diabetes test – level 2
Australian scientists developed a new diabetes test that finds glucose in saliva. They believed that it was very exciting, and it was something that people hoped to make for a long time.
Scientists put an enzyme into a strip, and this enzyme turns glucose into a signal. A special device can read the signal, and it shows the level of glucose in the body. Scientists said that this test would change the way of making medical tests.
It is very easy and cheap to make the test because people can print it. There is no electronic device in it, and it contains only ink. The test is non-invasive, which means that it is not painful.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.