Actor Russel Brand will go to court – level 3
British actor-comedian Russell Brand faces a lawsuit accusing him of sexually assaulting a film extra on the set of the 2011 film ‘Arthur’.
This follows several recent allegations in the British news media from women accusing him of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior, some dating back 20 years. The New York lawsuit is the first such accusation in court. The suit also names Warner Bros Pictures, the film’s distributor, and other production companies as defendants, accusing them of negligence and aiding Brand’s misconduct on the set.
In the lawsuit, the woman identified as Jane Doe alleges that Brand was visibly intoxicated during the production, exposed himself to her on set, and later forced her to perform oral sex in a restroom. The suit seeks unspecified damages for assault, battery, false imprisonment, and emotional distress.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What evidence has been presented in the New York lawsuit to back up the woman's allegations of misconduct by Russell Brand?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.