Air Health in USA – level 2
From 1999 until 2015, scientists studied concentrations of fine matter pollution across the USA. The extremely small particles of pollution come from industry, power plants and mainly cars. They are 30 times smaller than a human hair, which means they can go deep into your body.
Since 1999, the study found that this type of pollution went down. However, the pollution connects with around 30,000 deaths. One of the study’s authors said that it would be good for people if there was less of this pollution.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.