Albania election – level 1
Albania is a country in southeastern Europe. Communism ends in Albania in 1990.
People vote for 140 members of parliament last week. Around 3.6 million people come and vote. Everyone hopes that the election will be without problems. There are many problems during elections in the past.
Two main political parties are the Socialist Party and the Democratic Party. The socialist Party wants to make Albania a modern country. They want to help tourism and farming. The first results say that the Socialist Party wins.
Albania wants to become a member of the EU. The election is very important. It can have a big impact on when Albania will belong to the EU.
Difficult words: communism (a political system which says that everything belongs to everyone, not individual persons), member (when a person or a country is a part of a group or team), political party (a group of people in the government who have similar ideas).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.