Amazon buys MGM studios – level 3
Amazon is going to buy MGM Studios for $8.5 billion. MGM Studios created many famous movies and TV shows such as Rocky, James Bond, and the award-winning Silence of the Lambs.
Amazon’s purchase of MGM helps it be stronger in the crowded and competitive streaming market. Amazon shelled out a lot on the streaming services for video and music content just in 2020.
Last week, AT&T merged its Warner Media business that includes HBO with Discovery, which led to another big change in the overall entertainment business.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.