Attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband – level 2
A man attacked Paul Pelosi who is the husband of politician Nancy Pelosi. He attacked him in his home in San Francisco, California, USA.
Police identified the attacker as 42-year-old David DePape. He broke the back window of the house to get inside. He asked where Nancy Pelosi was, but she wasn’t there because she was in Washington DC.
DePape attacked her husband with a hammer, which caused a skull fracture. Pelosi underwent surgery, and he was recovering from it.
DePape often posted conspiracy content on social media, and police say that he planned the attack carefully. They charged DePape with attempted homicide.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.