Britney Spears free again – level 1
Britney Spears is an American singer and actress. She is 40 years old. She becomes very popular in the 1990s and 2000s. People call her the Princess of Pop.
Spears marries another singer named Kevin Federline in 2004. They have two sons. Spears and Federline divorce in 2006. They both take care of their sons.
Then Spears starts to have problems with alcohol. A court decides that Federline will take full care of the children. It happens in 2007.
Spears has many problems. Her father becomes her conservator. It means that he controls her money and life. He does it for 13 years.
Britney’s fans are not happy. They sign a petition. They hope that Britney will be free again. Britney’s father says that he will not be her conservator anymore.
Difficult words: control (to have power and decide about something or someone), fan (a person who likes a sport, hobby, or somebody famous), petition (an official document which people sign because they want to change something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos