Business with oxygen – level 1
The situation with the coronavirus is very serious in India. More than 410,000 people get sick every day. Around 4,000 people die every day.
Some people want to make money from this situation. Four men do business with oxygen. They get fire extinguishers. The tanks have a red color. The men change the color to black. A black color means that oxygen is inside.
The men sell the oxygen tanks on the Internet. The price is very high. The men keep the tanks in a restaurant and bar in New Delhi.
Police come to the restaurant. They find 419 oxygen tanks there. They arrest the men. A similar situation happens in another part of the country. Police arrest three men there.
Difficult words: oxygen (a gas which people breathe), fire extinguisher (a metal device full of water, gas, or other material which firemen use to stop fire), tank (a large metal thing where people keep gas or liquid).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos