China Hospitals – level 1
China has a big problem with the coronavirus. More people get ill every day. Wuhan, China, is the city where the sickness starts.
The city builds two hospitals for people with the coronavirus. Builders work very fast. They want to build the hospitals in two weeks. They expect to finish both hospitals at the beginning of February.
The hospitals have a big capacity. Many doctors and nurses come to Wuhan to help ill people. They work without breaks.
The World Health Organization says that the problem with the coronavirus is global. The situation is very bad. Tourists are leaving China. Cities around the world are getting ready for the sickness.
Difficult words: coronavirus (a virus or sickness that makes it hard for people to breathe and causes a fever, and ill people can die from it), capacity (the number of people that can fit in a place), global (worldwide).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos