City for Walking – level 1
This news is about a city. It is in the northwest of Spain. Its name is Pontevedra.
It is a great city for walking and cycling. Only 30% of the public space is for cars. Seventy per cent is for people. People make 73% of journeys on foot or by bike.
From 2001 to now, there are no deadly road accidents. The CO2 levels go down by 67%, also, between the 1990s and 2018.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.