Ebola Vaccine – level 2
A US drug company got an approval from the European Commission to sell the first Ebola vaccine.
Ebola is a very infectious disease which kills more than a half of people who get ill. The main symptoms are fever, pains, diarrhea and bleeding.
Ebola killed more than 11,000 between 2013 and 2016. Currently, there are 3,000 cases of Ebola in Congo and more than 2,000 people died there. The vaccine is almost 98% effective and the drug company already gave 250,000 vaccines to people in Congo.
The company says that this is a historical moment and very good news for the whole world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.