Family Meets Bear – level 2
A family made a trip to the Dolomites, Italy. They were having a picnic, and twelve-year-old Alessandro was wandering in the bushes. Suddenly, a bear appeared behind him, and the animal started to move towards the boy.
Alessando is very keen on nature, and he knew that he had to walk slowly away. If the boy walked too fast, the bear could attack him. It was also important not to look the bear in the eyes.
Alessandro’s mother was very scared, and the boy told her to stay calm. When the boy reached his family, the bear went away.
Later, Alessandro said that the experience was very exciting. The boy said that he was the happiest child in the world.
Difficult words: keen (be very interested, like something very much), reach (to get to a place or close to someone), experience (something that happens to someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos