Fast Train in China – level 2
Hong Kong opened a new high-speed train that connects Hong Kong to Shenzen and cuts the journey by 45 minutes. The new system cost 10 billion US dollars, took eight years to complete and will carry 80,000 passengers daily.
The new system provoked protests outside the station, as some people are worried about Beijing’s increasing influence in the Hong Kong region.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.