Flying taxi – level 2
The company Archer Aviation introduced its first electric flying taxi. The vehicle is called ´Maker´ and it is the first-ever flying taxi.
Adam Goldstein is the co-founder of Archer Aviation. He said that the company´s idea was to help solve problems with traffic in cities. There are too many cars, traffic jams, and people have problems with parking their cars.
The flying taxi takes off vertically like a helicopter and it does not need much space. It can carry two people and there is no driver. The vehicle can fly at 240 kmph and the distance is 100 kilometers.
The company wants to start selling flying taxis in 2024.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.