Gaza tunnels – level 1
Israeli soldiers find 800 holes in Gaza. These holes lead to tunnels.
Israel destroys more than half of the holes. Hamas, a group in Gaza, says that they have many tunnels. The network is as big as the New York subway. It is a place where they can hide. They do special things there, too. Israel bombs these tunnels. The problem is that these tunnels are often in places where people live, like schools and religious places. The soldiers used special things to destroy the tunnels, for example, robots.
The world worries about people who live in Gaza. The United States tells Israel to be careful. Many people die in these attacks.
Difficult words: network (a group or system of things which connect), hide (to be in a place where nobody can see or find you), destroy (to damage or attack something so that it is not possible to use it anymore).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures have been taken to protect civilians when Israel bombs tunnels found in places like schools and religious places?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.