Israel’s Prime Minister – level 2
In Israel, people voted. The results are that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is possibly going to be prime minister again.
In Israel, people vote for political parties instead of certain people. There are two main political parties, and there are small third parties. Some people voted for many small parties to join the parliament, and some of these parties support Netanyahu.
People are accusing Netanyahu of corruption and the new people in parliament may help him. President Trump said that there is a higher chance of peace between Israel and Palestine when Netanyahu is the leader.
Difficult words: political party (a group of people that represent a larger group of people in a country and they help run the government), accuse (say that somebody did something wrong), corruption (when you do illegal things as a leader).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.