Kitten Is Saved – level 3
Rescuers in Singapore came to an apartment block after a concerned neighbour saw a kitten trapped on a ledge of the 12th floor.
It was not a simple rescue, though, as it took several attempts to lift the kitten using a pole with a loop on the end. Police officers were on the ground with a blanket in case the animal fell down, but the adorable kitten was eventually saved and reunited with its owner.
Difficult words: trapped (not able to leave), ledge (a narrow horizontal surface on the wall).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos