Lucky Bus Driver – level 1
This happens in New Mexico, USA. A bus driver drives without his seat belt. A pickup truck runs a red light. It hits the bus. Luckily, there are no passengers on this bus.
Both drivers go to hospital. The bus driver is lucky. The crash does not injure him seriously.
Difficult words: seat belt (a belt a person wears in a vehicle to keep him in his seat), run a red light (to keep going at a red traffic light), passenger (a person who travels on a bus).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you wear the seat belt in the car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos