Luton Airport fire – level 2
All flights at Luton Airport stopped because a big fire burned down a car park on Tuesday night.
The fire damaged the car park badly. The fire service thought that it was an accident, which started in a car at around 9 PM. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, but a few firefighters and an airport worker had to go for treatment because there was a lot of smoke. The airport is most concerned about safety and hopes to get back to work soon.
The car park holds about 1,900 cars, and many of them are damaged. There were no sprinklers in the car park, and officials are suggesting installing them soon.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How has the fire service determined that the fire originated from a car and what measures have been suggested to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.