Many shootings in the US – level 2
Two weeks ago, there were 13 mass shootings in US cities. At least 17 people died, and many others were hurt.
A group of researchers watched these incidents and described a mass shooting. A mass shooting is when one or more attackers kill or hurt at least four people.
On one weekend, 300 shootings happened in the US. In Chicago, attackers killed 33 people with guns. These attacks happened so often that the news didn’t share them.
More mass shootings happen when summer comes, and this year, there already were almost 250 incidents. Some US states plan to deal with these incidents. They plan to give guns to teachers who will undergo special training to learn how to stop attackers in schools.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.