Mexico City Cable Car – level 2
Mexico City started its first cable car system for people who travel to work and school. The system is nearly nine kilometers long, and it will have five stations.
One cabin can carry ten people, and the cable car can carry about 48,000 people every day in each way. The system serves a rocky area which is far from the city center, and it will connect local people to the metro system.
Local people are very happy and they say that it will change their lives. The system saves a lot of time and it is friendly to the environment. An Austrian company made the system, and it made cable cars in 80 countries in the world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.