Mount Sinabung on Sumatra – level 3
Mount Sinabung on the Indonesian island of Sumatra had been dormant for 4 centuries before it erupted in 2010. Over the last eight years, eruptions from this volcano claimed 25 lives.
The volcano erupted again earlier this week, spewing huge columns of ash over 5,000 metres into the sky. No one has reported injuries or fatalities from this eruption.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.