New Cancer Treatment – level 1
A teenager goes to hospital. Doctors find a brain tumour in his brain. They send him to get cancer treatment. He gets the treatment at a new centre.
It is the first centre of this type in Britain. It uses new technology. The technology is very good. It destroys only the tumour. The rest of the brain is fine.
The new centre can help 750 people a year. People are building another centre in London. It opens next year.
The teenager likes the machines at the centre. He says that they are beautiful. He says that they look like things from the future. He wants to be a doctor when he grows up.
Difficult words: brain tumour (an extra part in your body which can become cancer), cancer (when your body keeps growing tumours that can kill you; a very serious illness), treatment (making an ill person better).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.