New Lion – level 2
The MGM film studio started in 1924, and since then, its mascot was a lion. The roaring lion with a golden circle around it introduced all MGM films.
MGM used five different lions before the famous Leo the Lion first appeared in 1957. Then technology changed and the quality of the mascot was not good anymore. Therefore, MGM made a new lion with the help of a computer. The lion looks very similar but the quality is better.
MGM wanted to show the new mascot in the latest ‘James Bond’ film in 2019. Then there was a delay to 2021 because of the coronavirus. MGM did not want to wait any longer, and it will show the new mascot with its new films called ‘Dog’ and ‘Respect’.
Difficult words: mascot (a person, animal, or thing which represents a company or organization), roar (when a lion or other wild animal makes a loud, deep sound), quality (how good or bad something is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.