Oklahoma Oil Rig Explodes – level 1
Near Oklahoma, USA, an oil rig explodes. Twenty people are working around the oil rig. Five people are still missing.
The explosion happens in the morning. There is a big fire. It keeps burning in the afternoon.
Officers are investigating the incident. They do not know if there are any deaths.
Difficult words: oil rig (a big machine that digs for oil), officer (someone in a position of authority – a police officer, for example), incident (a very good or a very bad situation), investigate (find out about something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos