People live in a 3D-printed house – level 2
Builders completed a project of five 3D-printed homes in Eidhoven, Netherlands, and the first people started to live in one of the houses.
The house has only one floor and it looks like a boulder. It would be very difficult to build it from bricks. A 3D printer has a special end which makes it possible to build almost anything. It is a new way of building and it needs less cement. It means that it costs less money and it does not hurt the environment so much.
The house it the first in Europe which has legal tenants. The couple who are living there are very happy and they feel safe in their new home.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.