Pictures in Your Hair – level 3
A salon owner and hairdresser in Sao Paolo, Brazil, etches famous portraits onto his client’s heads. He has been carving profiles of the famous onto the sides and backs of heads for about a year or so.
He says that his works makes him really happy, especially when he inspires young people to want to know about cutting hair just as Neymar, whose face he often etches, inspires people to get into soccer.
When it comes to cutting famous faces, the hairdresser starts with a regular hair clipper that he uses to cut the image freehand without any stencilling. He does this by simply looking at an image, either from a piece of paper or a smartphone. Once the basic outline is there, he carefully uses a razorblade to cut in the more detailed elements.
If a client wants, he can also add elements of colour. One of the images that he has done include hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg, Jesus Christ, and even a replica of Da Vinci’s ‘The Last Supper’.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Would you get a picture on your head?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.