Powdered beer – level 3
A spoon full of beer sounds unusual; however, it could be the future of a drink popular around the world.
A brewery in Eastern Germany has developed an alcohol-free beer powder to reduce the heavy carbon footprint of beer exports. It’s a completely new product, and such an approach has never existed before. According to the inventors, using powdered beer can save about 3 to 5% of the CO2 emissions for Germany alone, and globally, it would be about half a percent of CO2 emissions.
The powder can create lager, pilsner, or dark beer, and the first beer tastings with the powder brew have been promising.
The company is confident to have a market-ready product by the end of 2023. In the future, breweries could get beer powder and add their water before filling it into bottles.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the potential benefits of using beer powder for the beer industry?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.