Recycling metals – level 2
The world is moving towards cleaner energy, and there is a higher demand for critical metals in smartphones, cars, and electric vehicles.
Nth Cycle is a recycling startup, and they use a special technology to extract these metals. It is necessary to start using clean energy technology, and Nth Cycle starts with minerals like cobalt, nickel, and manganese. Their process reduces carbon emissions compared to traditional methods. The startup has different approach to refining which cuts transportation costs and emissions.
The company has many problems because this industry uses traditional methods, but they believe that what they do is important for the clean energy economy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What approach does Nth Cycle use for recycling critical metals and how does it benefit the clean energy economy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.