Russia’s Moon mission – level 3
Russia’s first Moon mission in 47 years the Luna-25 failed as the spacecraft lost control and crashed into the Moon.
The mission aimed to return Russia to lunar exploration but highlighted the decline of its once-mighty space program. The craft’s pre-landing orbit preparations encountered problems, causing it to collide with the moon’s surface. Russia’s space agency Roskosmos formed an investigative commission to determine the cause. The incident showcased the contrast between Russia’s past achievements, like launching Sputnik and sending Yuri Gagarin to space, and its present challenges, including economic issues and geopolitical pressures.
While Moon missions are complex, this setback reflects concerns about Russia’s space capabilities in comparison to China, the United States, and even India’s ongoing lunar endeavors.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What risks to lunar exploration does geopolitical pressure pose for Russia's space program today?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.