Saudi Arabia may get a nuclear weapon – level 3
The Saudi crown prince has stated that if Iran develops a nuclear weapon, Saudi Arabia will seek to obtain one as well.
This announcement has raised concerns about a potential nuclear cooperation deal between the United States and Saudi Arabia. US Senate Democrats have expressed reservations about such a deal, citing distrust of Saudi intentions. While the Biden administration has been working towards a normalization agreement between Israel and Saudi Arabia, obstacles remain, including the Palestinian issue and the challenging task of securing congressional approval.
Formalized security guarantees are difficult to obtain, especially given Saudi Arabia’s human rights record. The biggest hurdle is nuclear cooperation because any relaxation of non-proliferation requirements would face significant opposition in Congress. The Biden administration hopes to address these challenges and prevent Saudi Arabia from seeking nuclear cooperation with China.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What impact will the Biden administration's efforts have on nuclear cooperation between Saudi Arabia and the United States?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.