Snow in Bolivia and Peru – level 3
Rare snowfall fell heavily over parts of Bolivia and Peru last week, blanketing buildings and leaving vehicles stranded.
In Potosi, Bolivia, temperatures dropped below zero, providing the perfect climate for the downpour of snow. Some locals threw snowballs in the town square in delight, while soccer matches were suspended amid the rare snowy conditions. In Arequipa, Peru, snow covered the landscape and blanketed roads into a sheet of ice.
In both South American countries, the climate varies considerably depending on region and altitude. Although temperatures can drop to below zero, snow is uncommon except at the very highest elevations. The cold weather is expected to continue in Bolivia and Peru for the remainder of the week.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.