Strange Old Animal – level 2
An animal, which is distantly related to modern-day insects, died 580 million years ago. Experts discovered its fossils around 50 years ago.
After so many years, experts now know what the animal looked like. It was about 5 centimetres long and had a worm-like formation. It had seven pairs of legs and a throat full of teeth. The animal’s name is “Hallucigenia”.
The scientists are now working to create a study about the animal.
Difficult words: distantly related (a little similar to), fossil (an animal which is so old it turned into rock), study noun (a scientific paper).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this animal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos