Streaming in the US – level 1
American viewers like digital streaming more and more. They do not enjoy cable or satellite TV as much as in the past. The money that companies get from streaming is the highest in history. People pay regularly every month to get Netflix.
In the past, Netflix must do a lot of hard work to change the thinking of people. People start cancelling cable and satellite TV. They want Netflix instead.
There are new companies which want to make business in streaming. Disney is the biggest company. It already has a very good position. Experts say that Disney is very clever. Disney does not need to work hard but waits for the best moment to start the business.
Difficult words: streaming (to send audio and video over the internet without stopping), regularly (at the same time every day, month, year, etc.), position (a place where something is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos