Strongest Robot in the World – level 3
The robot code-named M-2000IA/1700L broke the world record of heaviest weight a robot can lift. It can lift and position a load of up to 1.7 tonnes, which is the equivalent of two small cars or 24 people.
Japanese robotics and automation provider FANUC created the monster machine, as the company saw a need to increase the efficiency of the handling process of heavy materials for a variety of manufacturing industries. The robot brings us into a new age and the company hopes that it will redefine factory automation capabilities. The robot’s six axes and its wrist make it an agile weightlifter, moving and placing objects within a large working area to an extremely high degree of precision.
The robot also has an ingress protection rating of 7, which basically means that it has the second highest level of protection against the intrusion of solid objects, so it is pretty indestructible.
Difficult words: axis plural: axes (a line around which something rotates), agile (able to move quickly and easily), precision (very exact), ingress (the unwanted introduction of water or other objects), intrusion (a thing which intrudes – it is where you do not want it).
What do you think about this robot?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.