Temples in Cambodia – level 1
Kampong Preah are temples in Cambodia. They are 1,200 years old. People do not know about the temples. They are in a remote area. Tourists do not visit them.
The temples are in a bad state. About 30% of the buildings are destroyed. A group of people is trying to save these temples. They are trying to make money to fix them. They also want to show them to tourists.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.