Temples in Cambodia – level 2
Over 1,200 years ago, people built the Kampong Preah temples in a remote area in Cambodia. They are older than Angkor Wat, but people do not know about them. Also, they are in a very bad state.
A group of 30 young Cambodians are trying to raise money to help save the temples and attract tourists. The area is so remote that you can only get there by boat.
A third of the complex is destroyed, but people still use it. They hold religious ceremonies and meet there.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.