Tesla opens its first factory in Europe – level 2
Last week, Tesla opened its first factory in Europe. After 19 years since the company started, it opened factories on all continents. The newest factory opened near Berlin, Germany, which cost more than 5.5 billion dollars.
The plan was to open the factory eight months ago, but local authorities had problems. The Tesla CEO Elon Musk gave the first 30 electric cars to customers. Tesla’s Model Y could drive 514 kilometers, and its price was 70,590 dollars.
Currently, there were 3,500 workers in the factory, but the number would reach 12,000 in the next few years. Musk said that the factory would make 500,000 electric cars every year. Tesla’s German rival Volkswagen sold 450,000 electric cars in 2021.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.